CMT Music Awards: Anthony Mackie and Kelsea Ballerini to Host 2022 Event
The 2022 CMT Music Awards have tapped a singing superstar and a Marvel superhero to oversee this year’s ceremony: Kelsea Ballerini and Anthony Mackie will take on co-hosting duties for the event, which airs live from Nashville on Monday, April 11 at 8 p.m. ET (and delayed PT) on CBS.
This will be Mackie’s first time hosting the awards show (which marks its inaugural broadcast on CBS), while Ballerini returns as host for the second straight year. “I had the pleasure of presenting at last year’s CMT Music Awards and received the warmest welcome from the country music community and the city of Nashville,” Mackie said in a statement. . “I can’t wait to return to Music City to co-host this year’s awards with the amazing Kelsea Ballerini.”
An extended cut of the ceremony, featuring 30 minutes of new performances and additional bonus content, will air Friday, April 15 at 8 p.m. on CMT.
Ready for some newer nuggets? Well…
* Epix Renewed Roman Historical Drama dominatrix for an eight-episode season 2, which will premiere in 2023.
* BET commissioned the four-part limited series Carl Weber’s Black Hamptons, a family drama set in the quaint town of Sag Harbor, known as “The Black Hamptons”, in Long Island, New York. Its premiere is scheduled for this summer.
* Amazon Studios has given a two-season order to an animated comedy for adults by Ramy Youssef, about “the experiences of an American Muslim family who must learn to code-switch as they navigate the early 2000s: a period fear, war, and the rapid expansion of the boy band industrial complex.
* Hulu released a teaser for The Hardy Boys Season 2, premiering with all 10 episodes on Wednesday, April 6:
* HBO released a teaser of Mr Jack Season 2, premiering in April:
Which of today’s TVLine articles piques your interest?