HER to Receive Impact Award at 2022 Billboard Women in Music Awards – Billboard
HER will receive the American Express Impact Award at this year’s 2022 Billboard Women in Music Awards on March 2. The honor is given to an artist who uses their music platform to create positive change while advocating for women’s rights in – and beyond – the music industry.
HER was selected this year because of the Grammy-winning singer’s support of small businesses. The 24-year-old star born Gabriella Wilson joins a growing list of superstars set to appear at the event at the YouTube Theater at Hollywood Park in Inglewood, Calif. next month.
Billboard recently announced that Olivia Rodrigue will receive the “2022 Woman of the Year” award at the event, which will be hosted by the 2009 Woman of the Year Ciara. The annual celebration recognizing rising and A-list stars, creators, producers and music executives for their contributions to the music industry and community will feature a range of powerful acts performing and / or will receive special honors. Among the participants announced to date:
- Gabby Barrette will perform and receive the Rising Star Award presented by Honda.
- Phoebe Bridger will perform and receive the Pioneer Award.
- Doja Cat will perform and receive the Power plant price.
- Golnar Khosrowshahi (founder and CEO of Reservoir Media) will receive the Executive of the Year Award.
- Karl G. will perform and receive the Rule Breaker Award.
- Bonnie Raitt will perform and receive the Icon Price.
- Saweetie will perform and receive the Game Changer Award.
- summer walker will perform and receive the Chartbreaker Price.
For the first time ever, tickets are available to the public for the Women in Music Awards, with the general public invited to order theirs now here. To ensure the safety of all participants and staff, Billboard will comply with all applicable federal, state and local COVID-19 laws for the 2022 Women in Music Awards.
For more information about Women in Music and to keep up to date with the latest announcements, visit billboardwomeninmusic.comand follow on Instagram and Twitter @billboard with the hashtag #BBWomenInMusic.