The list of winners of Korean Music Awards 2022 is here
The Korean Music Awards are South Korea’s most coveted awards ceremony. The event is sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. The 19th Korean Music Awards aired live today at 6 p.m. KST, and we have the list of winners!
KMA 2022 featured live performances from some of the most famous artists like BTS, IU, AKMU, Aespa, TXT, SHINee, Kim Hyun Chul, and Lee Mu Jin. Sigh! Viewers around the world could easily watch this year’s KMA on the Korean Music Awards YouTube Channel.
– Musician of the Year
– Song of the Year (Butter)
– Best K-Pop Song (Butter) pic.twitter.com/RBuM6o66L3
— keci⁷⁺¹ | (kinda ia) (@likechizu) February 28, 2022
The Korean Music Awards are one of the most prestigious events in South Korea. The event aims to honor mainstream and underground artists of various genres. The year 2004 saw the first KMA ceremony.
Korea Creative Content Agency (KCCA) held KMA 2022 in association with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism at Nodeul Live House in Nodeulseom, Seoul. The Korean Music Awards selection committee was the official host of this event.
Who were the nominees for 2022?
A number of world-renowned K-Pop groups and artists, including Aespa, IU, and AKMU (four nominations), were nominated for this event. And guess what? BTS has its fifth consecutive nomination this year. We published a list of nominees in our previous article, and now we have the list of winners!
Who got away with it?
KMA 2022 honored the best of South Korean music across various genres including pop, hip-hop, trap, jazz, rock and more. The event attracted over 4,000 viewers online. They were seen cheering on BTS and Aespa!
Interestingly, Chung Ha’s Querencia won K-Pop Album of the Year. And no surprise! The song of the year goes to “Next Level” by Aespa. “BTS Charts and Translations” won Musician of the Year.
— The K-Pop Hub (@GirlsOnTopNews) March 1, 2022
Here is the full list of KMA 2022 award winners:
- Song of the Year (Grand Prix/Daesang): SM’s Entertainment’s rookie group, Aespa’s Next level
- Album of the Year (Grand Prize): at Lang Lee there is a wolf
- Musician of the Year: BTS graphics and translations
Congratulation to @BTS_twt for their nominations at the 19th Korean Music Awards (KMAs)!
🏆Artist of the Year
🏆Song of the Year (Butter)
🏆Best K-Pop Song (Butter) pic.twitter.com/EpTJxZLQkM
– BTS⁷ Charts and Translations (@charts_k) February 9, 2022
- Rookie of the Year: The Next Level crooners and “Savage” Aespa
- Best Pop Album: K-Pop UI ‘Lilac’ (2021)
- Best pop song: Duo of South Korean musicians AKMU (Lee Chan-hyuk and Lee Su-Hyun) for Nakka ft IU
- Best K-Pop Song: Shit, that’s Aespa’s signature track “Next Level”
- Best K-Pop Album: Soloist Chungha for “Querencia”
- Special Achievement Award: Devils
- Best Jazz Album – Jihye Lee Orchestra bold spirit
- Best Rap and Hip-Hop Song – Changmo Taiji
- Best Jazz Vocal Album –Maria Kim With strings: Dream of you
- Best Modern Rock Song – Silica gel desert eagle
- Best Rap and Hip-Hop Album – Choi LB Independent music
- Best Modern Rock Album: Isang Wings The line between hope and despair
- best rock album – Soumbalgwang Happiness, Flower
- Best Metal and Hardcore Album – Agnes Change of hegemony
- Best Rock Song – Soumbalgwang Dance
- Best R&B and Soul Album – Thama Don’t die the colors
- Best R&B and Soul Song – Sumin & Slom The Gonlan Song
- Best Folk Album –Lang Lee there is a wolf
- Best Electronic Album – Haepaary born by beauty
- Best Electronic Song – Haepaary Go to GPD then
- Best Folk Song – Chun Yong-sung barley tea (ft Kang Malgeum)
I must say that these awards went to the most deserving artists. What do you think? Shoot your thoughts.